Office Exercising for Better Health
Most office workers sit at their desks for long periods of time each day. Sitting in one position for long periods of time is not good for your health as it can lead to back problems, eye problems, shoulder problems and many other health issues. At Used Office Furniture Cleveland we have top quality chairs and desks that can help you keep in shape. Come check out our inventory. We can meet your needs for quality chairs and desks that can be beneficial to your health.
Here are a few tips for what we call desk exercises that can help improve your health.
- Proper Sitting Posture – Your back should be straight, your shoulders back, and the top of your monitor should be level with your eyes. If you have to look down or up, then you need to adjust the height of your screen. Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Don’t sit still for Too Long – As long you keep moving, you will be helping to keep yourself in better shape. Constant movement will burn calories and can contribute to better health. Get up and go to the copy machine, to file something, to go get something to drink…etc. Whatever you do, get up and move every half an hour or so to keep you body moving.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Drink plenty of water, it will help you to feel alert and will be good for your body. Get up and move by taking trips to the water station.
- Do Desk Exercises – Stretch your arms, legs, neck and torso while sitting. This will help prevent you from feeling stiff.
- Neck: To stretch your neck, slowly flex your head forward and backward, side to side and look right and left.
- Shoulders: Roll your shoulders forward, then backward.
- Wrists: Roll your wrists clockwise and then counter clockwise about every half an hour or so.ome if you spend a lot of time typing.
- Ankles: Roll your ankles clockwise and then counter clockwise. This will help with the circulation in your legs and feet.
- Abdomen: Contract your abdominal and gluteus muscles, hold them there for a few seconds, then release. Repeat this every few minutes.
- Calves – While sitting, lift up your legs on the balls of your feet and set them down. Repeat until your legs are comfortably tired.
- Give your eyes a break – Every 30 minutes or so, get up and get away from your computer. This will help your eye movement and lessens your chance of eye irritation.
After reading this article, you have probably already started some of the exercises that we have suggested. To enhance your health further, give us a call at Used Office Furniture Cleveland, so we can help you to choose the right office furniture that can help you with your health care needs.